Wednesday 18 March 2015

18th Feb

It was my Dads birthday yesterday, I had a quiet word with him at one of the graves here.. and lit a candle in his remembrance.


Well today at the front of the hotel I saw lots of people gathered across the enormous roundabout directly in front of Dnipro Hotel, I was curious so went over to see if I could find out what was occurring. There was a guy speaking on a microphone while others held banners. I noticed some figures which had been made and fixed onto wooden steaks, as well as large jars which had, what looked like a heart in some fluid.. probably a cows or pig, I'm not sure and still attempting to work out what the demonstration was about, I had presumed it was in connection with the anniversary of the deaths in the last years riots.






Suddenly one of the guys holding a banner started rolling it up.. ah.. I wonder if they are going to march?. I quickly moved to the front as people collected the wood posts, flags, banners and jars. They formed an orderly group and following a small van with its back doors open, music played as they all marched behind the two men at the front who were carrying a religious framed picture.  




No comments:

Post a Comment